Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Wedding Planning

I am on vacation this week in Tyler, TX. I got here yesterday and will be returning to Tennessee this next Thursday. I will be in Abilene on Thursday and Friday. Most of this week will be wedding planning.

The big day will be December 31 in Tyler at Lakeview Church of the Nazarene. Today I shopped around for hotel rooms, which was okay but it did tire me out. It was surprising to me what hotels discounted and which were priced ridiculously. I got a better rate with some of the nicer hotels. Of course, we've still got to figure out how many rooms and what which ones we are paying for and all that. Luckily, New Years is a slow hotel time in Tyler, so the holiday won't create a problem with reservations or pricing. Tomorrow we will get some engagement photos done and hopefully get all our registering done. We will be going to Wal-Mart and JC Penny. Saturday Nancy and I will go to Waurika, OK, her home town, and meet with some of her family. The other thing I really want to get done this week is find where we will do our tux rental.

I am really not stressed at all about wedding plans, but Nancy is. We talked yesterday about decorations with her sister, Jackie, and my response on that was if Nancy is happy, than I am happy. To me it is about celebrating our love with the Lord, each other, and our family and friends. If the relationships are there, than I am thrilled.

In fact we have a different definition of a "big" wedding. To me it means super fancy and expensive. To Nancy it means more than 20 people. By her definition it will be a big wedding, but mine it won't be.

If you are in Abilene, I hope to see you on my whirlwind trip.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I just want to say congrats! I am really happy for you. Looks like you have a good attitude about the planning. Hope everything goes well.