Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Latest Round of Album Reviews Complete

I now have my 40+ album reviews up. I had two 10's and three 9's. Of course, if I buy it, I usually expect it be a 7. Feel free to disagree, but this is my blog, so you have to endure my own ridiculous opinion.

I was wondering if any of you knew how I could archive my reviews so that I can store them where they are accessible, but not taking up all that sidebar space.

So enjoy, because I am presumptuous enough to think you will care and check out a bunch of people, half of which you have probably never heard of.

Okay, so at least check out the songs I have linked to.

Also, if someone can tell me how to put a player on my blog where maybe I can put those songs for your listening pleasure.

And may I add, popularity of an artist says nothing good or bad about them. Good music is good music, and bad music is bad music, no matter how much or little it sells.

-Posted while listening to The Frames song I downloaded from their website yesterday. The lead singer of that band is the main actor in Once, which is a great movie.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

One way you can do archiving of your reviews is to make a blog entry that you list all the links of your reviews on, then you link to that on your sidebar. So you could make a page for movies and one for CDs.

Another way you could do it is with a label cloud such as I have on my blog. Every time you write a review you tag it with "music" or "movie".

My friend Amy told me how to do a label cloud, and it might work better for you for reviews.

http://phy3blog.googlepages.com/Beta-Blogger-Label-Cloud.html

She knows how to do a jukebox too (you can go ask her) but might I suggest that you don't have it automatically play when people come to your page? Either put it on a different page and link to it, or have a play button. It can be a little annoying to load a page and have music start playing in my opinion.

Was that enough info for you? :)