Thursday, June 26, 2008

Nooma Videos/Dooma Videos

I am back from Houston, and we had a great trip, but I will make a different post on that within the next month or year.

My friend and I have made another parody of Rob Bell's Nooma videos. Drew did an outstanding one last year, and we started getting some good ideas for some future ones. If you have not seen them, here are two videos you can watch illegally via YouTube. These are the ones we have parodied.

001 Rain



The next one is in two parts

003 Trees





I do like the Nooma videos. This is our attempt to make treat them more like we really think, taken to a ridiculous level of course. I hope you enjoy the satire.

Here is Drew's debut of the Dooma videos. It is a parody of Rain. I have linked to this before, but if you missed it, it is worth checking out. The music is provided by Iron & Wine-"Boy with a Coin" and The Charlie Daniels Band-"The Devil Went down to Georgia". It stars Drew, Buffy, Jude, and Jude's stunt double.

001 Pain



Here is the latest installment that unfortunately would not upload to my blogger for some reason. It stars Drew, Jude, Jude's stunt double, Buffy, me, and introducing Samuel as an example of how Drew treats his youth group, but with their parent's approval of course. The music is provided by Tyler Ramsey-"Chinese New Year".

You will have to link to Drew's blog to view it.

002 Fees

This video was used to introduce my Wednesday night summer class using the study "How to Love Someone You Can't Stand" by Milton Jones, which studies Romans 12:14-21.

I just read a quote from Rich Mullins (via "The Irresistible Revolution" by Shane Claiborne), "'Vengeance is Mine' says the Lord, and I'm just about my Father's business." Rich was joking of course.

We have ideas for several more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are good parodies. I've seen the originals and read one of Rob Bell's books. Best friends are ones that help you bury the bodies.