Friday, October 09, 2009

I'm Still Here

It has been a whirlwind few weeks. Everything at Troy has started wonderfully and I am really enjoying it. Life has been super busy with starting at Troy, preparing for the wedding, doing on online grad class, and still getting things settled. However, all of it has been a wonderful blessing. I am wanting to get ahead in the youth ministry, but I feel like all the deadlines are hitting me in the backside. Of course I am used to working like this, it's just that usually it's my own procrastination that gets the deadline kicking my butt. This time its that I really haven't had enough to procrastinate. I operate better when I know the kick is coming I think :). Well, I do work well under deadline pressure, usually.

The difficult part about moving has been not being a regular in my niece's life. Truthfully, she doesn't like me that much right now, but she needs me. She is not in a good place. She is a teen with no boundaries with a mom that is trying to be friend and not parent at all. I'm very concerned for her, but I have done what I can do. She knows my home is always open to her, but please pray for her.

Wedding invitations are going out today! Well all the ones that we have addresses for. There is much to do, but I am so ready for that day to get here. Nancy is still looking into transferring, but there are no good positions open at any of the stores around at the moment. Distance sucks!

She will be in next weekend, and I can't wait. It's going to be a wonderful visit but go by way too quickly.

No comments: