Thursday, September 17, 2009

Update and Stuff

it has been a crazy few weeks, but I am now 2 1/2 weeks at Troy and I am loving it! The kids, the families, and the leadership are great. This is a wonderful fit.

As far as the biggest loser competition, last I weighed a couple days ago I was at 318, which is over halfway to my goal. In Scott and I's competition, I won June, July, and overall. Scott won August. I'll have to get an after picture up soon. I finished August at 325, which was better than my summer goal of losing 30. And I feel worlds better, and all the changes I have made are sustainable. I am totally sexier than Matthew McConaughey now.

Nancy was here on Labor Day weekend to help set up the house, and it looks wonderful! Her touch made is more welcoming than I could in a thousand years. Today I got our new queen size bed together. We were given a frame, but it was a little rusted, so I sanded it, primed it, painted it, and today it was dry so now a mattress is on it. Now I just need to wait a few more months for my queen. In the meantime, I do have a roommate. Troy has a part-time worship minister who is going to school full-time. He is getting married in June, and searching for his own place, but it is much too big of a house to be in by myself. He is proving to be a great roommate.

So now I need to get all the books unpacked and get the home and work office set up, and work on the yard a lot (the house is on an acre lot). But all this will be done in time. It's amazing what I get done when I don't have TV to watch. There is still much to do, but much has been done, and I am really enjoying life right now, except for Nancy being in Texas, but I really really hope she can transfer next month.

written to the Cranberries-Wake up and Smell the Coffee (rated a 7)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds wonderful. I am enjoying seeing your life change. It's very sweet to see you making domestic efforts. Good job.

Unknown said...

Thank you for all you are doing to the house before I get there. I know that there are many things to be done, and that you have to do this on your own for now. I am ready to be there so that we can continue to learn and grow in each other and see where God is taking us. Oh - thank you for calling me your queen . . . but I am not royalty, yet. :-)