Friday, June 13, 2008

Mission Trip Time!! Yeah!

Tomorrow 7 of us, including my sister and niece are headed to Impact Church of Christ in Houston, TX to help with their reading camp. Reading camp is basically a vacation Bible school but with an emphasis on tudoring 3-5 graders in their reading. The stuff this church does is amazing. The main reason I want to do this trip is I want to do a similar ministry in Fulton. Fulton is small, but a large percentage of the town is low income and educationally challenged.

We will be going down Hwy 59, so unfortuneately we will miss Waco and Austin.

I love mission trips.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

How long will you be there? I might be induced to take a roadtrip to Houston, esp. if there is a way I can help and have my kids along. Let me know.

Anonymous said...

Hey hope that you have a great trip. I know that you will accomplish great things in your time there. Y'all be careful